On Friday I found out that my Internet friend The Book Wheel had nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. (And yep, I found out on Friday, December 21 — maybe the world really did end? Hmm…) Anyway, I’m surprised and honored — I’m never sure how many people actually read my blog, so I was super excited to discover that I have at least one reader! (Hehe.)
In order to receive the award, I — and whoever I nominate who chooses to accept it — must follow the award’s rules.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate other bloggers for the award and make sure to notify them
- Write 11 new questions for the bloggers you are nominating (you can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you)
- Claim the “Liebster Award” photo for your blog
Random facts about me:
- I’m socially awkward and geeky
- I’m married
- I have two children
- I’m a work at home mom
- I am a huge Trekkie. HUGE.
- I have two Bachelor’s degrees; one in business and one in teaching
- I hate cold weather (and yep, I live in Canada)
- I’m lactose intolerant
- I’m allergic to bandaids and medical adhesive (like the tape they use to secure gauze to your skin)
- I make handcrafted beaded and wire jewelry
- I play the violin and dance ballet
Questions from The Book Wheel:
- What song is your “soundtrack” to life? Flight of the Bumblebee. With my kids, life feels an awful lot like this! (Here’s a link to violinist Itzhak Perlman playing the piece.)
- If you could meet any literary figure or author, who would it be and why? Either Ramez Naam so I can ask him about the science behind his new novel Nexus, or David Mack to talk about the new post-Borg Star Trek universe. Or both. Can I meet both?
- What is your favorite book of all time? There are too many! I guess currently it’s Nexus by Ramez Naam or the Star Trek: Destiny trilogy (which I’m counting as one book for this question) by David Mack
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Go scuba diving in the Philippines. You know, in the ocean. It doesn’t sound crazy, but I have a deathly fear of drowning. As in, I don’t even go into pools. And I went scuba diving! God, the boat crew laughed their asses off while watching me get the guts up to go underwater.
- What is the one thing you can’t live without? My smartphone. My entire life is in that thing.
- If you were to change your name, what would it be and why? Uh…I don’t actually know. Maybe something Klingon-y because Klingons fascinate me.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Alberta drivers (sorry, guys)
- E-Reader or books? E-reader
- Name one of your guilty pleasures. Curling up in front of the fire with my kids.
- What is your ideal dream job? Astronaut or astrophysicist (I TOLD you I was geeky). Or making jewelry. If we’re being realistic, I’d have to say making jewelry.
- Are you allergic to anything? I have seasonal allergies (dust, pollen, grass, snow mold, etc). Also penicillin, bandaids, and medical tape.
My questions for you:
- What is a little-known fact about you?
- What was the last book you read?
- Favorite dessert?
- Favorite vacation spot?
- Favorite movie?
- When you were ten, where did you see yourself at your current age?
- What do you daydream about?
- What is your weirdest quirk?
- Slow decline or sudden post-apocalyptic event?
- Zombies or vampires?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?